Friday, November 15, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to Model Fink, a blog about model cars, model figures, and modeling in general. This is not a how-to blog, although there may be some how-to's. It's not a show you what I'm building blog, but there will be some of that, too.  My main focus will be thoughts on modeling, model companies, modelers, and contests.  To give you some background, I built model cars as a kid in the '70's, built a few in the early '80's, quit all together in the late '80's and early '90's, then hopped back in the the late '90's and I have been at it ever since.  I build mostly cars, street machines, road racers, '70's funny cars, A F/X cars, a few hot rods, a few front engine dragsters, but I really love building Show Rods. I build mostly Fords and a few Chryslers, with very few GM products.  I also build figures; garage kits, model soldiers, and goofy figures like the Ed Roth "Finks" from the '60's.  I've been entering contests for about 5 years or so and I have won a few awards.  I heavily involved in the Buckeye Scale Auto Club here in Columbus, Ohio, having been president or vice-president for several years.  I am a key organizer of our contest the Buckeye Classic and I have organized several contests for the local hobby shop, Hobbyland. I am also a member of the IPMS, although I don't go to the local meetings.  Feel free to comment as we go along, hopefully I'll share so insights you will enjoy.
"Rat Fink" Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment